We are currently recruiting for a Fiber Engineer for one of our national clients in the San Diego, CA area.
Please contact us for immediate consideration.
Must have a strong Fiber background.
Experience with Google Earth.
Need to have understanding of GO95.
Need to be able to read A&E drawings and Fiber maps.
Essential Job Functions
- Pre and post sales tasks to include, but not be limited to:
- Develop high level fiber designs from both desktop and field review.
- Develop cost estimate models within excel analytically from preliminary design data.
- Develop right-of-way analysis of the proposed fiber plant, such as the identification of utility and permit applications needed for a project.
- Work with utilities in underground and aerial right-of-way applications, including the management of the utility make-ready process during the construction phase of a project.
- Manage the municipality and state fiber permit processes on a project.
- Manage the contractor qualification process and bidding of engineering and construction contracts.
- Manage various suppliers and vendors during the engineering and construction management, including managing the vendors to both budget and schedule.
- Coordinate with multiple internal customers, including project managers, in support of bringing each project to completion on both budget and schedule.
- Manage the material ordering, receiving, and deployment of required inventory to support projects.
- Manage multiple projects and ability to travel to project locations across the United States in the management of the project elements.
- The ability to optimize and value a fiber engineering design.
- Develop, read, and manage fiber splice documents, including fiber splice diagrams, spider maps, OTDR, and Power Meter readings.