We are currently recruiting for a Fiber Engineer for one of our national clients in the San Diego, CA area.
Please contact us for immediate consideration.
Must have a strong Fiber background.
Experience with Google Earth.
Need to have understanding of GO95.
Need to be able to read A&E drawings and Fiber maps.
Essential Job Functions
- Pre and post sales tasks to include, but not be limited to:
- Develop high level fiber designs from both desktop and field review.
- Develop cost estimate models within excel analytically from preliminary design data.
- Develop right-of-way analysis of the proposed fiber plant, such as the identification of utility and permit applications needed for a project.
- Work with utilities in underground and aerial right-of-way applications, including the management of the utility make-ready process during the construction phase of a project.
- Manage the municipality and state fiber permit processes on a project.
- Manage the contractor qualification process and bidding of engineering and construction contracts.
- Manage various suppliers and vendors during the engineering and construction management, including managing the vendors to both budget and schedule.
- Coordinate with multiple internal customers, including project managers, in support of bringing each project to completion on both budget and schedule.
- Manage the material ordering, receiving, and deployment of required inventory to support projects.
- Manage multiple projects and ability to travel to project locations across the United States in the management of the project elements.
- The ability to optimize and value a fiber engineering design.
- Develop, read, and manage fiber splice documents, including fiber splice diagrams, spider maps, OTDR, and Power Meter readings.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.