We are recruiting for experienced Fiber Drafters/ Design Engineers for a long term contract to hire opportunity in Orange County.
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services.
- Maintenance and rerouting of existing network traffic.
- Maintaining fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location and inputting information into fiber data management system.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
- Strategically plan out new builds and overbuilds.
- Create budgetary pre-sales packages and proposed routes.
- Design routes for fiber-based services. Point to point, redundant and diverse traffic.
- Research existing databases, files and records for purposes of network design, optimization and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Estimate and provide design schematics of path, distances and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities and restoration of existing traffic.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the data management system.
- Maintain database by accurately updating information as necessary.
- Ensure inventory of customer premise equipment, including fiber circuits and electronics, is accurate by inputting data into inventory management data base and maintaining information as changes occur.