Broadband Technicians / Fiber Installers/ Aerial Lineman - (Coax/Fiber)
We are currently recruiting for Broadband Technicians / Fiber Installers/ Aerial Lineman - (Coax/Fiber)
for a long term project based on Long Island, NY (Covering all of Long Island, NY). We are looking to staff multiple 3 person (OSP Construction, Installer Splicer and Drivers) teams in Full-time or contract roles.
You will be part of a team involved with surveying, strand mapping, construction, Installation and building of the outside plant. Lots of work. You will be busy!
- Installation fiber optic & coax cables
- Working on aerial spans
- Splicing of coax cable and installing outside plant equipment for CATV/ Fiber
- Strand mapping
- Lashing cable between poles and applying tension to cable
- Install/ Repair
- Ability to safely operate a bucket truck (company-owned vehicles)
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Access various installation points
- Access construction points as required
- Proficient in new build, coax & and pole transfers
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Building and repairing aerial cables/OSP
- Fusion Splicing
- Place strand and fiber
- Over lash fiber to existing strand or cable.
Broadband Technician, Fiber Installers, Aerial Lineman, Coax, Fiber, OSP, Bucket truck, Lineman, Outside plant construction, Fiber, FTTH, FTTP, Aerial and underground cable plant deployments, GPS Data Collection, Installation of Fiber optic and Coax cables.
You must have the ability to pass a Background, DMV and Drug Screen
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.