Structural Engineer - Telecommunications – Richmond, VA area
The Structural Engineer (Telecom) will be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures for wireless telecommunication sites (towers, buildings, foundations, rooftops, etc).
You will also be responsible for the design of custom solutions for support of telecommunications equipment - i.e. elevated steel platforms, antenna mounting frames, etc.
• Review tower and rooftop structures and foundations
• Analyze tower and rooftop structures and foundations using hand-calculations, tower analysis software (RISA 3D and TNX Tower) and other accepted engineering methods
• Conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting
• Designs reinforcing and extension solutions
• Coordinate and manage timelines and milestones
• Coordinate with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
• Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
• Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects
• Ensures accurate project status reporting
• Responsibilities will also include project planning and some client contact
• 4 years of related experience required
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with emphasis on Steel, Concrete and Structural Analysis is required.
PE preferred , SE License is a plus
Must be willing to travel and perform structural investigation visits
Experience with structural engineering software such as RISA 3D, tnxTower, Enercalc & Mathcad is preferred
Structural Engineer, Civil/Structural Engineering ,RISA 3D, tnxTower, Enercalc & Mathcad, Professional Engineer (PE), SE License, Engineer in Training (EIT)