This position reports to a Construction Manager, and is responsible for a subset of construction activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
- Achieve measurable results and report against performance metrics related to various construction activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, and quality
- This position will typically supervise 50-100 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Construction Manager in identifying experienced / quality sub-contractors
- Serve as the on-site supervisor of all construction activities for assigned sites
- Ensure sub-contractor complies with all scope, schedule, safety, and quality policies and/or requirements
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the site construction requirements for all assigned sites
- Understand internal and external expectations related to scope, schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive all sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure each site construction scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a supervisory capacity.
Areas of emphasis include:
- Site Specific Construction Scoping and Scheduling
- Strong Understanding of Wireless Construction Processes, Industry Standards, & Testing Requirements
- Strong Leadership Skills to Actively Coordinate Sub-Contractor Activities / Performance
- Experience Leading Tower Crews and/or Civil/Electrical Crews
- Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Extensive Experience with Network Upgrades and/or Overlays: CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, Generator Installations
Position requires at least 3-5 years of construction experience in the telecommunications field. Journeyman Electrician certification and/or Associate or Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.
#wireless, #jobs, #tekcomresources