The Telecom/Fiber Field Inspector will be supporting the EPA market and require regular local travel to job sites. The position will require the inspection of fiber projects and quality check the sub-contractors work. A prior background with fiber construction both underground and aerial construction is preferred.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
- Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
- Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
- Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
- Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
- Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.