We are seeking an experienced, professional, and dependable Construction Manager. If you have experience in the voice/data industry, knowledge of OSHA an safety requirements, and working knowledge of fiber construction and procedures, this is the opportunity for you
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the interview process of prospective employees and make recommendations regarding hire
- Plan staffing needs based on anticipated organization growth and sales forecast
- Provide department specific safety training, ensuring compliance with local, state, federal, and OSHA standards. Make recommendations regarding safety policies and procedures
- Manage the work activities of direct reports, including assigning duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Provide support and reinforce a team concept while managing for efficiency and effective performance.
- Manage and oversee the work and overall performance of the OSP Field Supervisor, OSP field technicians, splicers, quality control, construction, and contractor personnel.
- Assist with weekly scheduling to ensure committed project dates meet customer delivery dates.
- Perform site surveys and provide expertise to assist the Sales Teams with providing accurate cost estimates during the bid review process for our customers.
- Maintain a frequent physical presence, checking on quality of work, answering questions and advising on any issues that may arise
- Conduct frequent site visits, checking on quality of works and advising on any issues that may arise
- Respond to in-field customer requests, comments, or complaints in a timely manner. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a prompt and satisfactory manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in Outside Plant construction management, or operations management experience in construction, telecommunications or related field, knowledge of OSHA and safety requirements, along with a working knowledge of fiber construction and procedures is required.
- Must have experience reading construction prints.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project tracking software is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.