OSP Sr. Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Client Relations, the Project Manager and customer liaison
is a key role in the communication between the customer and the project team. A primary function of this role is to facilitate the day to day activities and to assist in the transfer of technical and non-technical information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Education and Experience Required
- Coordinate and lead customer meetings and conference calls, including: project kickoff, pre-con, site walks and progress updates.
- Create and execute an efficient communication strategy and project plan with achievable deadlines and milestones before starting the project.
- Project managers maintain a clear and accurate picture of all simultaneous and overlapping parts of the project to ensure the project flows between different teams and phases of work.
- Work closely with Operations to coordinate resources, schedules and activities to ensure project will complete on-time and within budget.
- Closely monitor project to ensure client and project team clearly understand status of project throughout all phases; including outstanding, pending and completed tasks.
- Take appropriate action without being prompted or reminded; proactively recommends process improvement or solutions to problems.
- Time sensitive entry of project data into tracking and accounting tool, this includes labor and daily field logs for productivity.
- Manage specific project deliverables to ensure project momentum remains on track to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Provide interim and project completion reports to all Directors, and Chief Financial Officer.
- Perform project analysis, report project performance results, presenting the success and setbacks encountered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of Project Management experience is required. Experience in the telecommunications/fiber optic construction industry is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- General knowledge of construction prints and documents.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel, Word. Google Earth is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Possess strong team, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Accounting aptitude: ability to calculate figures and amounts in establishing project budgets.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.