DescriptionResponsible for all aspects of construction on projects including; Vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives. Represent as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, including in-building iDAS, public right-of-way oDAS & Small Cells along with the associated inside & outside plant construction methods. Oversight for DAS and small cell projects will include activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Ensure all assigned projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and budget.
Essential Job Functions
• Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
• Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with safety program and related workmanship practices.
• High School degree
• A valid driver’s license required
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) for SCS.
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing for SCS.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills - MS office and project management software knowledge
Working Conditions: Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.