Fiber Construction Manager DescriptionPosition requires experience with outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Position also requires the capability to manage multiple construction contractors. From project qualification and design through punch-list and close-out, the Fiber Construction Manager will ensure that projects are completed to client and internal specification, on time, and within budget.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
One (1) to three (3) years construction experience, one (1) to three (3) years direct telecommunications experience with three (3) years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills
• Strong project management skills with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
• Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
• PMP certification a plus
• A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
• Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
Working Conditions: Will be required to travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 10% of the time.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.