The Field Construction Inspector role will be responsible for the following activities;
• Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
• Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
• Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
• Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
• Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
• Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
• Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Two (2) year technical degree preferred
• A valid driver’s license required
• Two (2) years of related experience