We are seeking a Network Operations (NOC) Analyst that has flexibility to take a shift position that supports a 24x7x365 operation. Preferred experience with fiber/telecom support in a NOC environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Serve as primary support by managing internal and customer devices, performing analysis of alarms, and taking steps to restore service.
• Engage field operations and Tier 2 support for network equipment issues as needed.
• Respond to client requests and notify clients of network problems and business impacts
• Review planned and unplanned changes to network infrastructure.
• Monitor the Small Cell networks by using provided systems and tools to remotely access complex equipment and test/resolve alarms on these networks.
• Provide surveillance on 7x24 basis to observe and document alarms on networks and equipment
• Using provided tools to localize network problems to host or remote equipment
• Provide correlation of multiple alarm conditions or tickets to identify root cause trouble resolution.
• Monitor and perform testing of the WiFi systems, provide diagnostics for the network performance and interface with customer NOC center for feedback on customer issues.
• Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
• Monitoring and control of after-hours for emergency fiber/cable locate process to escalate to field personnel as needed.
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs, testing of alarm systems and documenting resolutions.
• Basic troubleshooting and configuration of data alarm connectivity designs.
• Provide first contact for large scale outages, lead outage calls, and provide feedback on outages for customers, contractors, technicians, and other involved employees.
• Configure and modify Small cell networks and nodes to Network Monitoring software.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products, processes, and systems associated with the SCN and WiFi systems.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical training in electronics.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of customer service and/or service dispatch experience
• Telecommunication and wireless experience preferred