One of my wireless customers is urgently seeking an electrician to help them with a generator project they have just been awarded with AT&T based out of Columbus.
This is a long term contract opportunity (6 – 12 months (40 hours per week minimum)) with the potential of it transitioning into a full-time/permanent opportunity.
This opportunity is with a nationally recognized Fortune 500 company.
Under general supervision, maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the region. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities.
- Valid Journey Electricians License
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of generators
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
Five years’ experience in electrical field preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
2. Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
3. Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
4. Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
5. Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
6. Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
7. Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including industrial sized generators
8. Receive and complete work orders.
9. Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
10. Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
11. Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
12. Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
13. Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
14. Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
15. Respond to emergency calls as needed.
16. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
17. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
18. Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
19. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
20. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
21. The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function and pay grad
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.