Primary responsibilities include researching, preparing, and submitting Utility Summaries for each new project, as well as facilitating utility kick off meetings for each new project at or before the project kickoff. Additionally, you will review initial applications for attachment and power for each new project to ensure conformance with utility requirements, monitor application timelines and assist in escalating delays internally and externally. Also, performs the initial interface with new utilities to determine the process for acquiring an attachment agreement and power applications.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides support with all aspects of preparing and securing utility agreements and applications as needed for installation of facilities on or in regulated utility infrastructure.
• Orders insurance certificates and bonds for newly executed utility agreements
• Assists in researching and preparing Utility Summaries for each project detailing key utility requirements related to network design and equipment, and interfaces with cross-functional teams to update information in databases and authorization analyses.
• Assists in the negotiation of utility attachment agreements as needed in accordance with Crown Castle standards and parameters
• Maintains relationships with utilities and supports Implementation team’s timely submittal and processing of attachment applications for poles and conduits as well as power delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way.
• Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
• Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.
• Experience in and knowledge of NESC, GO 95, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations preferred.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.