One of our clients is looking for Permanent and Contract Fiber Engineers for an exciting opportunity in the Phoenix AZ market.
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services. Maintenance and rerouting of existing network traffic. Maintains fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location and inputting information into fiber data management system.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
Qualifications / Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strategically plan out new builds, overbuilds due to growth of the company.
- Creates budgetary pre-sales packages and proposed routes.
- Design routes for fiber-based services. Point to point, redundant and diverse traffic.
- Researches existing databases, files and records for purposes of network design, optimization and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Estimates and provides design schematics of path, distances and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities and restoration of existing traffic.
- Ensures fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the data management system. Maintains database by accurately updating information as necessary.
- Ensures inventory of customer premise equipment, including fiber circuits and electronics, is accurate by inputting data into inventory management data base and maintaining information as changes occur.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers, internal personnel, both at system and corporate offices, and with outside contacts.
- Organizes workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma, GED
- Proficient ability to use current office productivity software and AutoCAD
- Proficient with standard office equipment
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently of supervision
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
- Basic knowledge of Fiber Network Design preferred
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.