The Field Construction Inspector position monitors the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for projects of routine to moderate complexity.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas
• Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
• Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations
• Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing; checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
• Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
• Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records
• Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Two (2) year technical degree preferred
• Two (2) years of related experience
• Knowledge of budget development and execution
• Knowledge of construction management process
• Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• Ability to read and understand blueprints
• Ability to direct and diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach - strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Time management skills
• Knowledge of wireless/telecommunications technologies and platforms
• Computer support and power experience and troubleshooting
• Attention to detail
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.