We are currently recruiting for an OSP/Fiber Engineer.
This Fiber Engineering role is an overnight position (8pm to 5am) located in Doral, FL.
• Responsible for managing the fiber optic splicing activities throughout the Florida Network on a nightly basis.
• Maintain telephone bridge to provide network clearance for start/end of each splice activity.
• Maintain splice enclosure time in/out log for NOC reference and billing.
• Coordinate simultaneous splicing activities to ensure network conflicts are avoided
• Request checks of the active network status / request multiple checks of the active network when in splice locations slated for rehab.
• Resolve immediately system alarms that may arise as a result of splicing activities
• Analyze OTDR traces with GIS footprint to dispatch/resolve fiber issues
• Resolve fiber assignment conflicts with field and support GIS database updates advancing the records improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate to overcome field obstacles impeding splicing, addressing the source of the issue immediately or reaching out to the Project Managers to overcome challenges.
• Communicate jeopardies encountered to project team prior to reaching critical status
• Assist with network emergencies to analyze records & solutions for restoration
• Actively support CMR, NOC & Trouble Ticket activities throughout systems restoration
• Ensures that the splicing resources adhere to strict work safety protocols protecting the splicing resources and pedestrians in the vicinity
• Based on business needs weekend night shift hours maybe worked
• Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
• Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
• Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only. Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
• Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
• Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
• Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
• Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
• After completion close out tasks in CRM.
• Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
• Must be able to work nights.
• High school diploma / GED.
• Experience: 3+ years in telecommunications/wireless industry.
• Three (3) years of experience with outside plant fiber optic cable splicing.
• Knowledge of GIS tools such as ESRI ArcMap, MapInfo Google Earth or QGIS.
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach.
• Ability to manage and process multiple data streams.
• Experience with construction engineering drawings.
• Associate's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree
• Project Management experience
• Has had experience of working in the field as a splicer.
• Has familiarity with telecommunication best practices.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.