TekCom Resources, Inc is seeking a Solutions Specialists with one our clients in Boxborough, MA area.
The Specialist will be responsible for administrating the presales and post-sales process of sourcing, ordering, tracking and auditing/reconciling records in regards to lit and dark circuit activations, moves/adds/changes, terminations, as well as other facilities, circuit components, and leased 3rd party network interconnections. As a key member of the Operations team, this person is also required to drive continual process improvement, gain operational efficiency, control costs, and provide a level of service which meets or exceeds customer and other department expectations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES - SUMMARY
• Obtain pricing for, and process orders for, circuits orders with 3rd party carriers and service providers – Initial Quotations, Orders, Applications, Augments, Disconnects relating to Type II Circuits, which could also include additional facilities such as Power, Equipment and/or Space.
• Act as a point of contact for the LT Sales and Engineering/Operations organizations. Be a point of contact for Type II providers’ account teams. Maintain effective relationships with all providers.
• Ensure committed installation dates are met, and communicate effectively with LT PM and other depts. as needed.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Maintain vendor data, rate sheets, & service availability documentation for each Type II provider across the network.
JOB EXPERIENCE - REQUIRED
• 5 years of Telecommunications Operations Management, or Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field
• Experienced with Cross connects, Lit and Dark Circuits, colocation spaces, meet-me-rooms, carrier hotels and cross-connect types, e.g. TELX, Equinix, Verizon etc.
• Understanding of Telecommunications Networks
• Understanding of Type II circuit provider ordering installation, test, and turn-up procedures
• Very good organizational skills
.TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.