Fiber Field Construction Managers -
Back-haul, fiber, OSP – San Diego Area- 92101
We are currently recruiting for a team of Construction Supervisors/Managers (
Back-haul, fiber, OSP) for one of our national clients in the San Diego Area- (92101) . The ideal candidates will have a background working in the telecommunications industry managing back-haul, fiber, microwave or other large scale telecom deployment projects. The team will be responsible for projects including activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Any small cell experience is a definite plus. Construction Managers will be called upon to represent our client as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, as well as additional vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives.
This is a field based position.
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing and vendor management.
- Lead deployment meetings and work with cross functional teams that could include site acquisition and construction.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the project milestones and deadlines are met.
- **In order to be considered you must have previous Fiber/OSP/back-haul construction management experience.
- Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction or Public Right of Way experience preferred.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the client.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to the client.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with the client's safety program and related workmanship practices.
Construction / Project Manager (
Back-haul, fiber, OSP), Public Right of Way (ROW). Lineman, CRO.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.