Our client is looking for Permanent and Contract Fiber Engineers for an exciting opportunity in the Seattle WA market.
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services. Maintenance and rerouting of existing network. Maintain fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
Qualifications / Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strategically plan out new builds, overbuilds due to growth of the company.
- Creates budgetary pre-sales packages and proposed routes.
- Design routes for fiber-based services. Point to point, redundant and diverse traffic.
- Researches existing databases, files and records for purposes of network design, optimization and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Estimates and provides design schematics of path, distances and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities and restoration of existing traffic.
- Maintains database by accurately updating information as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers, internal and external teams.
- HS Diploma, GED
- Proficient use of AutoCAD
- Proficient with standard office equipment
- Proficient knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
- Good knowledge of Fiber Network Design preferred
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.