Construction Manager needed with a Fiber and OSP background for the Jacksonville market.
• Directly advise and influence decisions of District and/or Program and Project Managers in all aspects of construction work.
• Actively participate in and make recommendations in Vendor selection process.
• Attend deployment and other customer meetings.
• Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, precon walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
• Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure competitive rates for quality work.
• Negotiate costs within scope of project and hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
• Ensure all work is completed in accordance with client construction standards, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
• Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
• Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance and related workmanship practices.
• High School degree
• A valid driver’s license required
• Minimum three (3) years of telecommunications/wireless construction experience
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground)
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing RF Sweep test, OTDR, Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing.
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.