We are recruiting for experienced Fiber Drafters/ Design Engineers for a long term contract to hire opportunity in Orange County.
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services.
- Maintenance and rerouting of existing network traffic.
- Maintaining fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location and inputting information into fiber data management system.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
- Strategically plan out new builds and overbuilds.
- Create budgetary pre-sales packages and proposed routes.
- Design routes for fiber-based services. Point to point, redundant and diverse traffic.
- Research existing databases, files and records for purposes of network design, optimization and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Estimate and provide design schematics of path, distances and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities and restoration of existing traffic.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the data management system.
- Maintain database by accurately updating information as necessary.
- Ensure inventory of customer premise equipment, including fiber circuits and electronics, is accurate by inputting data into inventory management data base and maintaining information as changes occur.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.