Level 3 Installation Technician
Under supervision of the Level 4 Field Engineer or Installation Manager run individual jobs as lead in charge from start through completion and customer acceptance. Supervise the activities of crews consisting of Level 1 and 2 installers. Report to Installation management and provide written daily job log and status to project management and input installer’s time into automated system. Assist in the training and development of Level 1 & 2 installers. Emphasis on safety and quality.
- Heavy experience in the telephone equipment system environment and/or cable industry including engineering and installation of Ironwork, Strong Engineering Skills, Site Conditioning, DC Power, Batteries, Common Systems, Transport/Facilities, Digital Switch and all phases of complex AC wiring with emphasis on safety and quality.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in Central Office installation environment, minimum 5 years related experience in DC Power installation, including Power Plant and 12V and 2V batteries. Minimum of 5 years’ management of multiple crews in Central Office, Cell Site and /or Headend environment.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems, perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing and inspection techniques.
- Common Telecom Manufacturer equipment certifications.
- Ability to supervise subcontractor work
- Prior MGE experience preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends when necessary
- UPS Factory Training on Powerware, Liebert, APC, MGE, ETC.
TekCom Resources Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.