The OSP Fielder must be capable of securing the necessary field information, record verification, document preparation, data input, preparing work order construction prints, records posting; for all OSP facilities.
The OSP Fielder will determine what work needs to be performed. Identify and sketch existing OSP facilities; Cables, poles ground structures, terminals, manholes and equipment.
- Assemble collected field data and ensure documentation is prepared and available to be distributed to appropriate team members. This work includes such duties as preparing survey reports; preparing all routine documents necessary for the completion of a site survey and or construction drawings.
- Prepare site survey route maps using mapping tools
- Knowledge of telecom OSP and fielding experience.
- Ability to identify existing OSP by type, size, etc.
- Measure attachment heights, span distances, and structure dimensions
- Measure distances from existing/proposed OSP facilities
- Take measurements, field notes, and produce sketches
- Identify bonding and grounding requirements
- Knowledge of proper safety practices.
- Ability to meet critical due dates.
- Preferably has experience with measuring tools, drafting and a Utility or Construction background.
- Ability to take pictures and upload/scan pictures and forms to a specified data drive.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.