The Electrician will install and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems in telecom buildings.
• Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures.
• Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
• Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
• Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
• Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
• Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
• Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
• Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
• Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
• Ability to travel and work nights as needed
• Willingness to work around active aerial tower activity
• Willingness to help tower crews as needed ie: pull ropes, gather material, install coax connectors and any other duties asked by the foreman
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
• Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license required.
• Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
• Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
• Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.