This Site Acquisition Manager is responsible for site acquisition, leasing, zoning, and permitting activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
- Achieve measurable results and report against financial and non-financial performance metrics related to various site acquisition activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, quality, and document control/tracking
- This position will typically manage 200-300 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Market Lead in hiring, developing, and leading a team of site acquisition personnel and sub-contractors
- Site acquisition teams will typically consist of 3-5 personnel plus sub-contractors
- Coach and mentor subordinates and assist the Project Team to establish project plans, set project goals, evaluate the performance of the project team and make adjustments as needed
- Serve as the primary internal manager for all assigned site acquisition activities
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the leasing, zoning, and permitting processes in the market
- Understand internal and external expectations related to schedule, cost, processes, & quality
- Drive the site acquisition team and sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all site acquisition activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure the project scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external site acquisition personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
- Desire at least 5-8 years of site acquisition management experience in the telecommunications field and BA/BS degree. PMP Certification is a plus.