The Sr. Network Engineer will perform a broad range of implementation and technical project management duties. The position will require the Engineer to be well versed in IP/Ethernet architectural disciplines and will play an active role in both new deployments and network upgrade and remediation activities.
Additional responsibilities also include developing and maintaining internal engineering documents and procedures surrounding network configuration, client configuration, network management, and service level design.
Note that this particular role is focused on network implementation activities that will occur between midnight and 6AM. Some work activity will be required during normal business hours as well.
• Must have a thorough understanding of BGP, IS-IS, IPv6, OSPF and MPLS, Traffic Engineering, QinQ, G.8032, 802.3ad, 802.3ag, Y.1731
• Thorough understanding of VPN technologies such as L2VPNs (Martini, Kompella), RFC2547, and VPLS.
• Experience implementing Layer 2 switching platforms and technology
• Experience working in a Tier2/3 ISP environment using Juniper, Cisco and/or Nokia routing hardware.
• Must be able to diagnose and resolve routing issues, congestion problems, and hardware and software failures.
• Familiarity with SD-WAN implementations supporting IPSEC, split routing, virtual routing, policy-based routing and forwarding, etc.
Additional preferred skills:
• Technical certifications in field from Ciena, Juniper, Nokia, or Cisco.
• Direct experience on major platforms deployed in the Crown Castle Fiber network
• Scripting and Automation in a JSON environment. Knowledge of bash, python, XML, YANG/NETCONF
• Ability to work in a UNIX systems environment (BSD, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or related field preferred
• 4+ years of experience in telecommunications
• Considerable experience in a service provider environment and carrier engineering preferred
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.