Our client is looking for Planner/Engineer's for the PNW Region. Must be in the PNW time zone.
This position works as a team member with Network Planning and Design, Central Office, GPON circuit Transmission and Operations to aggressively provide Fast Internet to numerous MDU locations. This includes possible replacement and upgrades to existing telecommunications plant facilities.
Candidate to accurately and expeditiously evaluate the existing network architecture and the requirements of a given network project and provide a viable path and proper circuit design for handoff to Construction.
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Must have MDU experience / Knowledge of / Experience in Class I Building wiring
- Experience in GPON, Ethernet, etc.
- Telecom Engineer-Central Office Engineering / OSP Engineering / Circuit routing and design.
- Transport equipment and circuit engineering and design.
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Maintain accurate records throughout projects to Construction completion-As-Builts.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment, and design
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with heavy emphasis on outside plant Fiber design, cable nomenclature , and current and future capacity.
- Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications outside plant activities.
- The individual must also understand Ethernet technology and IP transport design criteria.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics in both written and verbal form.
Must have a background in Central Office Construction, Design or Planning.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.