The ideal candidate should have previous Ericsson engineering experience with preference on troubleshooting, integrations, or RF performance to deliver RAN programs. You would potentially support all phases of delivery which consists of all competencies to resolve complex issues and reduce KPI degradation. **Important: Candidates should have a flexible schedule as team supports 24x7 schedule. Remote/flexibility in location throughout the U.S.
- One project must be the leader for all technical activities in a large scale (major metropolitan area or state wide geographic area) and responsibilities must include technical organization and oversight of work and demonstrated excellence in communications with team, project manager, and customer.
- Minimum seven (7) years of RF engineering experience.
- Minimum three to four years of recent experience in radio network design, implementation and tuning/optimization on WCDMA systems.
- Past Leadership experience in at least five UMTS projects.
- Experience in working with different RAB services - CS, PS, HSDPA and EUL
- Understanding of signalling in between different interface specially Uu, Iub, Iur, Iu-Cs and Iu-Ps Design
- Detailed understanding of the link budget
- Have used the planning tools such as Aircom Asset3G, Planet EV, Atoll
- Detailed understanding of inputs required, and how to create a new project in a planning tool
- Able to perform model tuning
- Have used the ACP (Automatic Cell Planning) tool, preferably Wines, Arieso
- Able to make recommendations to improve a network design (cell plan)
- Detailed understanding of Monte Carlos Analysis.
- Experience in Scrambling Code and Neighbor planning. Tuning
- Able to make recommendations in parameter changes, feature activations on drive test data to improve the system performance.
- Detailed understanding of optimization tools such as TEMS investigation, Actix, Agilent
- Experience in tuning a loaded network, and understand the difference between artificial and real traffic loading
- Detailed understanding of Layer 3 messaging
- Able to collect and analyze drive data and performance statistics, and solve complex issues
- Knowledge on how IRAT procedures can affects the overall Service Quality both for PS and CS traffic
- Suggests improvements to tools
- Understand the impact of adding 2nd carrier/ 3rd carrier on the network Optimization
- Has the competence to implement and experiment on RAN features relative to traffic analysis
- Understands the relationship between Soft/Softer Handovers and Network Capacity, and how to optimize both.
- Detailed knowledge of the Ericsson OSS, and how to operate the optimization tools
- Detailed knowledge of KPIs and able to make recommendations to improve them
- Understand how enhance uplink tuning is performed
- Detailed understanding and experience in HSDPA optimization
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.
- Proficient with MapInfo, MS Office
- Flexibility of extensive travel within the US
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate with high degree of independence, while managing project and customer expectations
- Ability to coordinate activities with various departments, divisions and companies