Outside Plant Inspectors – QA/QC
We are currently recruiting for several full-time OSP Inspectors- Fiber/CATV Construction to be based near the Southern Tier Expressway, NY (I86, Cuba/ Wellsville, NY) area.
As a Fiber OSP Inspector you will be involved in quality control for our client’s OSP/Fiber Build. You will be responsible for complete inspection and acceptance of fiber placement (FTTX) and associated construction activities for the OSP build project, aerial and underground cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, construction/infrastructure, and make ready tasks. You will be involved in the initial route inspection and then heavily involved in QC/QA as the construction moves forward.
- Previous experience inspecting OSP/CATV (outside plant construction)
- Inspecting quality and recording field records – including review of OTDR results and As-built drawings
- OSP inspection experience and/or training; previous telecommunications experience a must.
- Experienced in construction practices of aerial (communications & power make ready, attachments, etc.)
- Aerial pole analysis
- Experience with GPS Data Collection of as-Built facilities
- Knowledge of As-Builts, redlines and project inspection guidelines
- Knowledge/Understanding of Fiber and Splicing Maps
- Quality control / quality assurance (QA/QC)
- Basic understanding of Excel and Microsoft Suite
KEY words: Outside Plant Inspector, Construction Ride Out (CRO), OSP Fielder, OSP Construction, Lineman, splicing, make ready,ROW, cable placement, QA/QC, Aerial, Fiber Optics, CATV, Coax, splicing #Tekcomjobs, #OSP, #Fiber
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.