We are seeking Outside Plant Inspectors to join our client’s team and become an integral part of their continued success throughout Oregon from Portland to Boring OR. This is a long term contract to hire opportunity.
As an OSP Inspector you will be involved in quality control for our client’s Fiber Build. You will be responsible for complete inspection and acceptance of fiber placement and associated construction activities for the OSP build project ensuring that aerial and underground facilities meet the current standards through inspections, and correction work performed by contractors.
The Inspector will document all inspections, audits, cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, construction/infrastructure, pole transfers, and make ready tasks.
- Previous experience inspecting OSP (outside plant construction), and must be proficient in OSP Construction Standards.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Safety Code, and previous experience performing NESC inspections or experience working on an aerial cable line crew is preferred.
- Previous experience performing pole ground line inspections.
- Inspecting quality and recording field records – including review of OTDR results and As-built drawings.
- Experience with GPS Data Collection.
- Knowledge of As-Builts, redlines and project inspection guidelines.
- Knowledge/Understanding of Fiber and Splicing Maps.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel on short notice.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.