Outside Plant Inspectors needed in the Hattiesburg, MS area
We are seeking Outside Plant Inspectors to join our client’s team and become an integral part of their build-out in multiple fiber markets though-out the US. We need SR level candidates as well. This position will initially be based in the Hattiesburg, MS area for 24-26 months . The ideal candidates must be willing to move from market to market as these project progress. The roles are full-time positions. We will be hiring a lead and 2 inspectors.
As a Fiber OSP Inspector you will be involved in quality control for our client’s Fiber Build. You will be responsible for complete inspection and acceptance of fiber placement (FTTX) and associated construction activities for the OSP build project, aerial and underground cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, construction/infrastructure, and make ready tasks.
Inspector – Pay $26-28/hr plus mileage or Vehicle
Lead - $35/hr lead
Plus 1,300 housing allowance If you maintain a residence 50 miles or more from the project office
Health Benefits: Client contributes 65% and employee pays (pretax) 35%.
401k plan is available after 3 full calendar months of employment and includes up to a 4% employer matching contribution.
- Previous experience inspecting OSP (outside plant construction)
- Quality Control /Quality Assurance (QA/QC)
- Inspecting quality and recording field records – including review of OTDR results and As-built drawings
- Three or more years of related OSP inspection experience and/or training; previous telecommunications experience a must.
- Experienced in construction practices of aerial (communications & power make ready, attachments, etc.)
- Aerial pole analysis
- Experience with GPS Data Collection of as-Built facilities
- Knowledge of As-Builts, redlines and project inspection guidelines
- Knowledge/Understanding of Fiber and Splicing Maps
KEY words: KEY skills: Outside Plant Inspector, FTTX, Construction Ride Out (CRO), OSP Fielder, OSP Construction, Lineman, Make Ready, cable placement, QA/QC, Aerial, Fiber Optics. #Tekcomjobs, #TekComResources #OSP, #Fiber, #OSPInspector, National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), Cable, Rural Utilities Service codes (RUS), telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, Utilities, Hattiesburg, Southeast, Mississippi
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.