Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
• Manage and/or facilitate the project in scope of work/specification development, estimating, establishing the schedule, in addition to work with project A/E teams on preliminary design through the proposal phase.
• Analyze drawings and specifications.
• Understand contractual terms and conditions.
• Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for
Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
• Organize subcontractors’ quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
• Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same through contract.
• Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
• Insure project stakeholders are provided with proper documentation related to project.
• Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing.
• Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
• Meet with potential clients to support Business Development discussions on options for proposed services.
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
· Be a strong advocate for “Team Selling” to support the Business Development Team to execute on our proposal strategy.
· Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, issues, communicating across leadership and project stakeholders.
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• Technically competent with MS Project, Excel, Word, Power Point and Project Management Software.
• Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
· Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with excellent prioritization and time management skills.
· Well organized with excellent customer service skills.
· Skilled at negotiation with vendors and subcontractors.
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
· Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction plans
· Previous experience estimating construction projects in all divisions in the $10m to $20m range
· 5-8 years construction related experience (required),
· Graduate from recognized engineering, architectural or construction management program (desired).
· Experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design.
· Minimum 3 years experience working in the construction field in similar or related position.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.