GIS Project Manager
Candidate must have 4-5 years’ experience working with 3GIS software.
Previous Verizon experience is required; other carrier experience would be desired.
- Direct collection, storage, analysis, and interpretation of geospatial data.
- Determine map content, appearance, and layout for maximum information with high usability.
- Deliver reports on geographic data, ensuring standardization, and quality control of data across reports.
- Develop and maintain software applications and databases for digital mapping and spatial data.
- GIS mapping software products including ESRI ArcGIS and Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D; a successful candidate should be familiar with the data requirements and discrepancies of each system
- Imagery formats commonly used for municipal government applications. Ability to manipulate imagery as required.
- Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make sound, well-structured recommendations.
- Prepare and present clear and well-organized written and oral reports to internal departments, executive leadership, clients and other groups as required.
- Explain Data Management/GIS-related technical issues and concepts to non-technical staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, vendor representatives and clients.
- Plan, manage, and implement Data Management/GIS-related projects; assessing progress and making appropriate corrections to keep projects on track.
- Plan, organize, supervise, review and evaluate the work of GIS project team staff in a manner that is conducive to independent judgment, and high performance and personal accountability.
- Assess the spatial needs of a client and recommend solutions.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and establish processes.
- Supervising a team of staff including programmers, cartographers, data managers, analysts and support specialists.
- Consulting clients to ascertain project purpose, needs and information required.
- Resolve quantity variance that arise from construction as-builts.
- Be able to create training documentation to effectively meet the standards on a client by client basis.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.