TekCom Resources is currently recruiting for a full-time Senior OSP Engineer / OSP Manager to be part of a “Kick-off team“ that will engage with our clients customers in order to jump start their rural FTTX deployments in the Southeast ( AL,TN, KY,MS, FL & TX).
You will be part of a group involved in the initial Design / Engineering / Implementation of rural fiber networks. Depending on the build you will spend 30-90 days in market to coordinate internal market resources as well as manage the end client’s expectations
This position will home based when not on the road but will require heavy travel in the southeastern US to coordinate new client FTTX engagements. The ideal candidate will be a Sr. Level OSP Engineer with a project management background that is comfortable with regional travel.
Develop OSP fiber engineering designs for servicing business and residential markets.
Provide engineering preliminary and final fiber layout designs for aerial, buried, and underground construction.
Generate and review documentation related to OSP design, BOMs, plans, specifications, and drawings.
- Manage the OSP projects by leading different internal departments, vendors and the end client.
- Planning/Design and implementation of OSP projects
- Develop project plans, budgets and schedules
- Ensure construction vendors are adhering to schedule
- Manage relationships with municipalities, utilities, etc.
- Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Oversees procurement of equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
- Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking
- Verify and update project documentation.
- Timely tracking of project progress and budget using a tracker.
- Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders.
- Must be able to manage multiple RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
Must be Able to travel and manage new customer engagements in the southeast.
Outside Plant Engineering Design, Project Management, Outside Plant Architecture, Aerial/Underground Deployment Manager , P&L, OSP Engineer, Fiber, Field survey, Design and Installation. CAF, RDOF, Make Ready Engineering, Permitting, FTTX, FTTH, Design pole verification, parcel verification, design verification, utility verification, ROW. QC/QA, Outside Plant Construction (OSP), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), CAD, GIS, Cable, CATV, Rural Utilities Service codes (RUS), telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, Utilities, HUTs. Southeast, AL, TN, KY, MS, FL & TX #OSP, #ospengineer, #OSPJobs
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.