TekCom Resources is currently recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to be part of a “Kick-off team“ that will engage with our clients customers in order to jump start their rural FTTX deployments in the Southeast ( AL,TN, KY,MS, FL & TX).
You will be part of a group involved in the initial Design / Engineering / Implementation of rural fiber networks. Depending on the build you will spend 30-90 days in market to coordinate internal market resources as well as manage the end client’s expectations
This position will home based when not on the road but will require heavy travel in the southeastern US to coordinate new client FTTX engagements. The ideal candidate will be a Sr. Level Network Engineer along with FTTH / FTTP Telecommunications experience.
Develop network engineering designs for servicing business and residential markets.
Generate and review documentation related to ISP/ OSP design, BOMs, plans, specifications, and drawings.
- Communicating directly with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to identify current and future network and telecommunication needs
- Creating master communication plans to meet those client needs and receive buy-in from the client
- Collaborate with and/or delegate responsibilities to a team of engineers
- Assesses industry standards for models, and where appropriate, incorporates them into client solutions
- Participates as technical subject matter expert on major projects and application roll-outs
- Responsible for developing and adhering to all engineering/quality processes and procedures and all documentation/tools
- Work hand-in-hand with project management on project delivery and technical issues
- Assists in developing and managing scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Leads portions of production teams and coordinates multiple discipline activities
Must be Able to travel and manage new customer engagements in the southeast.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.