Construction Manager – Small Cell & OSP Fiber
– San Diego Area- 92101
We are currently recruiting for a team of Construction Supervisors/Managers (Small Cell, Aerial & UG OSP Fiber) for one of our national clients in the San Diego Area.
This is a field/office based position
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing and vendor management.
- Lead deployment meetings and work with cross functional teams that could include site acquisition and construction.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the project milestones and deadlines are met.
- **In order to be considered you must have previous Small Cell/Fiber/OSP/back-haul construction management experience.
- Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction and Public Right of Way experience preferred.
- Computer Savvy, know Microsoft Excel and CRM tools
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the client.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to the client.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors.
- Prepare Traffic Control
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained;
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with the client's safety program and related workmanship practices.
Construction / Project Manager (Small Cell, Back-haul, Fiber, OSP), Public Right of Way (ROW), Lineman, CRO.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.