We are currently recruiting for a Field Technicians with Small Cell experience for a permanent role with one of our clients supporting the San Francisco CA market.
Our client is an industry leader in wireless site development across the Western United States. Specializing in Turnkey Site Acquisition, Fiber To Cell Solutions, Turnkey Small Cell and DAS Network Solutions, Construction, and Site Maintenance.
The individual will perform field installations of utility light poles and carrier small cell equipment.
• 1 - 3 years lineman with fiber optic and coax cabling experience, or microcell experience installing antennas, radios, cabinets, and other related RF equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with utility pole installation including wood and steel poles both direct embed and concrete foundation preferred
• Experience installing equipment cabinets, antennas, radios, diplexers, coax jumpers, SFPs, and fiber jumpers
• Must be able to troubleshoot connectivity (power, fiber, coax) once equipment is installed and powered
• Lineman experience working above primary power preferred
• Ability to drive and properly use bucket trucks as needed to install equipment
• Ability to perform RF and Fiber testing onsite preferred
• Must be confident in construction review and field implementation
• Ability to work in a team as well as on their own
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Work with crew to compile materials and equipment needed for each jobsite
• Install antennas, radios, cabinets, and other related RF equipment
• Install coax jumpers, fiber jumpers, SFPs, and related components
• Set meter base, disconnect, load center and related conduit
• Pull electrical conductors and/or S/O cable and wire up equipment
• Install equipment cabinets (both ground and pole mount) and make all power and RF/Fiber connections
• Report to crew Foreman and/or Construction Manager daily
• Ability to use standard hand tools, impact guns, antenna azimuth equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.