We are currently recruiting for Fiber Splicers in Denver, CO. Must be LOCAL to market and willing to work maintenance hours (11PM - 7AM)
The Fiber Splicer
specializes in splicing and terminating fiber optic cables to expand telecommunications networks into new areas or to replace existing lines. They also troubleshoot and perform maintenance to resolve signal problems.
Exposure to inclement weather conditions and physical demands may include entry into areas under construction and require walking, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to travel. Candidates will need to be flexible on the schedule....might need to work days, nights and/or weekends.
- Splicing of coax cable and installing outside plant equipment for CATV/ Fiber
- Strand mapping
- Lashing cable between poles and applying tension to cable
- Install/ Repair
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Access various installation points
- Access construction points as required
- Proficient in new build, coax & and pole transfers
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Building and repairing aerial cables/OSP
- Fusion Splicing
- Place strand and fiber
- Over lash fiber to existing strand or cable.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.