Our client is looking to hire for a Fiber Engineer in Houston, TX. Candidates MUST be local to the Houston, TX market. 3GIS experience is REQUIRED and a background in OSP/ISP is ideal.
• Attend Kick-Off meetings if new backbone, lateral, and / or riser fiber is required.
• Review sales engineering design and determine backbone fiber route.
• Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
• Create a Fiber DLR in Netcracker for A-Z fiber locations. (Note: New sites require the site survey form completed, submitted, and entered in the system prior by Fiber Construction.)
• Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
• Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel if new lateral is required. Construction to handle MPOE splice & demarc splices on new lateral builds only. Coordination of fiber cable count & demarcs will need to be obtained from Construction.
• Fiber Engineering responsible for all backbone splicing & end/end testing. (Note: Splicing can be managed by Fiber Construction where requested.)
• Obtain Quote/Bids from contractors for all backbone splicing & end/end testing.
• Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
• Participate in on-call rotation providing Fiber Engineefring Support after normal work hours.
• Manage vendors / contractors during splicing & testing of circuits.
• Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
• Provide Operations / Provisioning with final DLR’s & test shots for closeout
• After completion close out tasks in CRM.
• Approve all vendor invoices for the project in ReqLogic.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.