Actively looking to hire A&E Specialists for a major telecom client. This position will be remote but must be local to Chicago market. This will be a 3 – 6-month project, must be okay with short term assignment.
The A&E Specialist is responsible for the overall quality of produced A&E construction drawings and other deliverables associated with A&E products received by our vendor. Communication throughout the project is expected to ensure A&E deliverables are completed on-time in accordance with customer expectations.
Essential Job Functions
• An understanding of construction drawings, surveys and jurisdictional requirement details.
• Construction drawing production management by communicating requirements for effective construction drawing completion to external vendors. Manage drawing reviews, manage changes/revisions, and ensure completed construction drawings match scope of work and meet jurisdictional requirements.
• Identify, communicate and drive jurisdictional approval requirements for installations as project scope defines.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to solve issues especially in times of high volumes of work to deadlines and with accuracy.
• Ability to hold vendors accountable to cycle times, work quality, agreed upon deliverables and drive to resolution of design issues as they arise.
• Ability to provide direction to customers and jurisdictions in a customer service manner with a strong problem solving approach.
• May be required to use company systems for all task flow activity and ensure updated consistently.
• Upload/send A&E deliverables to appropriate customer databases as requested.
• A&E site walk coordination, as needed.
• Facilitate and identify template changes and assist standards team when input is needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Engineering Background preferred
• Two (2) to four (4) years of A&E drawing and/or telecom experience
• Project management experience
• Strong ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Construction telecom and permitting process experience a plus
• Preferred knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management and / or site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• An in-depth knowledge of construction drawing management and the ability to understand jurisdictional requirements
• Ability to manage multiple vendors / projects
• Strong negotiation and organizational skills
• Ability to direct the diagnosis of workflow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
• Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to clearly communicate across multiple service groups to both internal and external customers
Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 90% of the time. Required travel to project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions 10% of the time.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.