The Telecom Project Engineer will have an engineering background and experience designing small cell sites for the telecom industry. The ideal candidate will have a civil background.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and expedite drawing production, including: pricing/contracting with A&E vendors, quality control initial drawings, coordinating with carrier, QC initial drawings, managing changes/revisions, and ensuring construction drawings match accordingly
- Validate consistency of drawing against structural analysis and application, ensuring that drawings and applications match in equipment, quantity, etc.
- Ensure that CAD site plans used as lease exhibits are accurate
- Request, manage, and quality control zoning drawings, and other zoning documentation as required
- Evaluate ground space requirements for new colocations, ensuring that CAD site drawings are accurately updated
- Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by Project Manager, and interact with carrier representative as needed
- Ensure A&E deliverables are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline and in accordance with customer's policies and procedures
- Coordinate resolution of design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience . Civil engineering or EIT preferred
• Two (2) + years of A&E drawing and/or small cell construction experience
• Project management experience
• Strong ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Construction telecom and permitting process experience a plus
• Preferred knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management and / or site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
• An in-depth knowledge of construction drawing management and the ability to understand jurisdictional requirements
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.