The Senior Network Permitting Specialist position carries a high level of responsibility and must adhere to established schedules to facilitate timely delivery of the customer order. The ideal candidate will offer the following abilities and knowledge, as demonstrated in employment history or other experience: negotiating right-of-way access agreements, representation at Public Hearings, experience preparing and submitting permit packages, processing permits by interfacing with local governments, vendor management, securing requisite entitlements to allow network development, and an understanding of construction plans/drawings.
Essential Job Functions
• Has primary responsibility in all aspects of submitting and acquiring entitlements and agreements needed for installation
• Responsible for representation before local agencies in front of jurisdictional planning authorities and city councils.
• Interface with jurisdictional staff on matters related to applicable laws, codes and ordinances and effectively communicate and leverage regulatory status in support of deployment objections.
• Negotiate access agreements for the public right of way and private property as necessary.
• Collaborate and coordinate with internal functional groups to resolve issues, to facilitate progress and to achieve milestone targets, with the goal of delivering networks on-time and on-budget.
• Act as the single point of contact for internal and external customers reliant on specific permitting deliverables in given projects within a district. Attend customer deployment meetings, to resolve conflicts or problems related to Network Entitlements deliverables and tasks.
• Escalation point for resident complaints to our Network Operations Center.
• Drive Network Permitting functions associated with projects; review project reports and identify issues in reporting or task completion; understanding and adherence to cycle times; and providing and achieving project forecasting accuracy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
• JD or legal background preferred but not required
• A minimum of five (5) years of proven experience working for a wireless carrier or wireless services/ site acquisition, external/regulatory/governmental affairs consulting firm, a utility, a jurisdictional, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience required.
• Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
• Experience working with engineering teams, preparation of permit applications and construction documents and network construction required.
• Familiarity with Public Utility Code, and Public Utilities/Public Service Commission desirable.
• Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams.
• Experience deploying distributed telecommunications network systems within the public way preferred.
• Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the federal Telecommunications Act, State statutes and local ordinances governing telecommunications networks deployed in the public right of way desirable.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.