Need for a Construction Manager to work in Houston, TX. Previous AT&T experience preferred. You will be responsible for a subset of construction activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
Areas of emphasis include:
- Achieve measurable results and report against financial and non-financial performance metrics related to various construction activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, quality, and employee development
- This position will typically manage 200-300 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Market Lead in hiring, developing, and leading a team of construction field personnel and sub-contractors
- Construction teams will typically consist of 5-10 personnel
- Coach and mentor subordinates and assist the Project Team to establish project plans, set project goals, evaluate the performance of the project team and make adjustments as needed
- Serve as the primary internal manager for all assigned construction activities
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the site construction process
- Understand internal and external expectations related to schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive the construction team and sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure the project scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
- Establish and maintain a pool of qualified sub-contractors
- Ensure sufficient sub-contractor resources are available at all times to meet build plan objectives
- Manage sub-contractor scope issues, quality issues, and change control processes
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a leadership capacity.
- Construction Project Planning, Internal & External Resource Planning and Leadership
- Scope Development and Understanding of Construction Processes
- Strong Negotiation Skills with Sub-Contractors
- Basic Understanding of Project Budgeting and Cost Accounting Methodologies
- Experience Leading a Team of Construction Field Personnel
- Intimate Knowledge of Wireless Construction Methodologies and Processes within the Market
- Risk Management / Mitigation and Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Extensive Experience with Network Upgrades and/or Overlays: CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, Generator Installations
- Desire at least 5+ years of construction management experience in the telecommunications field. Master Electrician certification/license is a plus. Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or PMP Certification is a plus.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.