Construction Supervisors/Managers (Backhaul, fiber, OSP)
We are currently recruiting for an OSP Construction Supervisor/Manager (
Backhaul, Fiber) for a client in the Seattle, WA market.
The ideal candidates will have a background working in the telecommunications industry managing backhaul, fiber, or other telecom or cable fiber deployment projects. Must have outside plant and inside plant cable construction in aerial and underground facilities, with a thorough knowledge of all issues related to local and state permitting, pole and conduit licensing procedures from Utilities
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing and vendor management.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the project milestones and deadlines are met.
- In order to be considered you must have previous Fiber/OSP/backhaul construction management experience.
- Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction or Public Right of Way experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the client.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with the client's safety program and related workmanship practices.
Construction / Project Manager (
Back-haul, fiber, OSP), Right of Way (ROW), Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC).
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.