Our client is hiring for a Fiber Construction Manager in Jacksonville, FL.
Some travel may be required – must be local to market. Previous OSP and ISP in aerial and underground facilities required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work hand in hand with Fiber Engineers.
• Manage all external vendors necessary for timely completion and within budget.
• Conduct initial constructability review in accordance with project specifications.
• Develop Construction Bid Package and competitively bid project to subcontractors.
• Manage development of permit and construction plans;
• Order and track delivery of 3rd party materials;
• Oversee site construction, managing schedule and subcontractors to customer and internal requirements.
• Coordinate all construction activities with local and state agencies with regards to permitting and licensing.
• Attend company and client status meetings.
• Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
• Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
A valid driver’s license required
One (1) to three (3) years construction experience, one (1) to three (3) years direct telecommunications experience with three (3) years of supervisory contractor construction experience preferred
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
• Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing Grounding and Bonding Tests, RF Sweep test, OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Passive Intermodulation (PIM) testing preferred
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills
• Strong project management skills with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
• Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
• PMP certification a plus
• A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
• Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
Key Skills: Construction Manager, Vendor/ GC Management, DAS, Venues, Small Cell, Construction, NESC, NEC, OSHA, OSP, aerial, underground, test equipment, fiber #TekComJobs
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.