TekCom Resources is seeking OSP Construction Inspector in either Oshkosh or Appleton, WI for a direct-hire opportunity with a fast-growing telecom infrastructure provider!
This position requires having technical experience in outside plant, a working knowledge of best construction practices, a focus on safety and attention to detail. The hiring company is seeking candidates with both aerial AND underground experience for this role.
- Inspector is to be on site when the construction contractor is performing construction including utility locating, potholing, boring, trenching, plowing, excavation, duct proofing, cable placement, restoration and clean up.
- Provide updates to manager on overall safety, quality and production.
- Must be able to document work being completed in the field using mobile device(s) or spreadsheets.
- Review test results and as-built documentation.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Prepare documentation packages for client review
- May be required to work nights and extended hours if work restrictions dictate work to be completed at night.
- High School diploma or Associates Degree or some College preferred
- OSHA 10 or higher required to be completed within 60 days of Hire Date.
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction practices
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
Desired but not Required
- Knowledge of NESC code as it relates to telecommunications
- Experience in GIS or CAD strongly preferred
- Experience in creating redline drawings and field notes.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of common traffic control set-ups.
Key Words and Skills:
- Travel in or outside the region minimal at 10%
- This position generally is in the field 90% of the time
OSP Inspector, Supervisor, Outside plant, Fiber, OSHA, FTTH, inspector, fiber-to-the-home, aerial, underground, bucket truck, NESC, CAD, FTTX, CATV, Utilities, Directional Drilling, QA/QC, Redlines, Utility locating.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.