The Network Administrator is responsible for understanding, documenting and reporting on clients’ network environments so that we can compare the results against our overall best practices. This helps the process of customer alignment, technology strategy, budgeting and planning. Duties and Responsibilities
• Visit clients’ offices on a regularly scheduled basis to perform preventative and support.
• Check-in and review the day’s agenda with the client point of contact.
• Send any support desk tickets / punch list items to the support desk.
• Thoroughly and carefully use Preventative Checklist to review the clients’ network looking for irregularities.
• Review and update the client network documentation during each visit.
• Review and assist with any remaining support desk tickets that haven’t been completed by support desk.
• Perform the quarterly TAR (Technical Alignment Review) in place of Preventative Checklist.
• Meet with CIO during regularly scheduled meetings, and whenever necessary to communicate irregularities / thoughts.
• Share objective and subjective thoughts about the client network to help drive the preventative and planning process.
• Help review all support desk tickets to identify redundant support requests - helping decrease future support issues.
• Assist in support desk tickets when time permits while in the office.
• Assist in small client projects when requested by DesignDesk.
• Meet weekly and monthly to review open items and performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• Working knowledge of ticketing process and support desk software
• Knowledge of networks, PC computer hardware, software, peripherals and operating systems
• Polished communication and customer service skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to staff and customers
• Strong organization skills and Multitasking
• Strong work ethic
• Professional appearance
• Punctual and dependable with a responsible attitude
• Professional, friendly, and concise communication and troubleshooting skills
• Enjoys fast paced, team oriented, and rewarding environment
• Minimum of four years experience supporting recent Windows platforms, hardware, software, printers, and MS Office applications
• Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
• Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Microsoft 365, Hardware, software, firewall, TAR (Technical Alignment Review)
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.