TekCom Resources is seeking a Fiber Splicer in Tampa, FL for a one-year contract assignment with one of our largest and most-respected telecom clients!
In this role, you will be splicing fiber optic cables in the air, underground and indoors on occasion. Though the role is first shift, splicers are expected to work some weekends, holidays and overnights during maintenance windows on an on-call basis.
• As a team, prepare, splice and troubleshoot fiber optic cable.
• Install, repair and maintain fiber optic splice closures and distribution panels.
• Ability to work in Underground manhole systems, aerial plant, and customer premises.
• Experienced with fiber optic fusion machines i.e. Fujikura, Sumitomo, Fitel, etc. for splicing.
• Work in conjunction with field engineering to update records.
• Coordinate service delivery with multiple departments.
• On-Call for service outages
• Must have excellent communication and time management skills.
• Work well with other members of the team.
• Good eye hand coordination.
• Good problem solving techniques.
• Be able to develop procedures that improve quality and efficiency in local operations process.
• Generate and understand OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) and Power Meter test results
Key Skills: fiber splicer, underground, aerial, OSP, outside plant, splicing, cables, fiber optic #TekComJobs
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is a WBENC Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.